EL YUNQUE RAINFOREST
• ALL ABOUT EL YUNQUE RAINFOREST Information and tours, a guide to the the subtropical rainforest in eastern Puerto Rico. The only US National tropical rainforest
• SIERRA PALM FOREST level of the forest, just below the dwarf forest. Walk through the Sierra Palms on your hike up to Mt. Britton.
• DWARF FOREST lies at the very top of the El Yunque rainforest. Plants are unique and survive the extreme rainfall and constant wind.
• MAPS OF THE TRAILS. The many trails and a detailed map of the upper trails.
• MT. BRITTON TOWER is a favorite hiking trail with the tower destination and views over the mountains tops. 45 minutes up from the parking at the top of road #191.
• SOUTH-FACE EL YUNQUE up the Southern leg of road #191, above Naguabo. A different access to the rainforest that is partially developed.
HOTELS. BED & BREAKFASTS. LODGING
• LODGING SURROUNDING THE RAINFOREST The Bed & Breakfasts and Villa rentals with easy access to the Park entrance. A few are actually ecologically within the rainforest, but no lodging exists within the actual park.
• LODGING, BEACH NEAREST THE FOREST Luquillo offers a variety of beaches, between 'La Pared' for surfers and the flat calm of the Balneario. Stay right on the beach at the Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn B&B.
.. LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
ACTIVITIES EASTERN PUERTO RICO
BIOLUMINESCENT BAY TOURS Kayaking is the best way to experience the biobays, there are also electric boats, both in Fajardo and Vieques Island. There are many, many different operators.
PRIVATE CAVES TOUR Visit a few caves with a private guide who will pick you up at your hotel. Indian petroglyphs on the cave walls by the sea, stop for a delicious local meal in Arecibo.
THE 7 BEST THINGS TO DO IN THE EAST Rainforest, biobays, scenic lighthouse views, kayaking, hang gliding, zip lining.
EXPLORE PUERTO RICO
• BEACHES Puerto Rico offers miles and miles of different types of beaches. Golden sands on the mainland, white sands on the neighboring islands of Vieques and Culebra and the little sandy keys off the NE tip of PR.
HISTORY • CULTURE
• PANORAMIC ROADS