Balnearios ( public beach family recreational facilities). 'Parques Nationales de Puerto Rico' now administers the Balnearios. Most offer changing facilities ( privatized parking). Some have camping facilities, some have cabins and villas.
• Tres Hermanos, Villas. Anasco Tel. 826-1610
• Boqueron, Cabo Rojo Tel. 787-851-1900
• Cana Gorda, Guanica Tel. 787-821-5676
• Punta Guilarte, Villas, Cabins. Arroyo Tel. 787-839-3585
• Cerro Gordo, Vega Alta Tel. 787-883-2730
• Manuel "Nolo" Morales, Tel. 796-2830
• Punta Salinas, Toa Baja Tel. 787-795-3325
• Escambron, San Juan Tel. 449-5672
• Punta Santiago, Humacao Tel. 787-852-1660 - Villas and Cabins
• La Monserrate, Camping. Luquillo Tel. 889-5871
• Sun Bay, Camping. Vieques Tel. 787-741-8198
• Seven Seas, Camping. Fajardo Tel. 787-863-8180
. . . and in the mountains of Maricao - Cabins Tel. 787-622-5200 for information for ALL.
Sun Bay Balneario Campground in Vieques. Tel. 787-741-8198. OK for safety but lots of petty theft.
ACC Autoridad de Conservacion y Desarollo de Culebra administers the Flamenco Beach campgrounds on Culebra Island. Fee. Good for safety, facilities and the most beautiful beach. They usually accept walk in reservations in the winter months. Summer, especially summer weekends, are zoo-like. It is not recommendable to camp here during summer weekends, you probably won't even be able to get on the ferry. you do need advance reservations. Tel. 787-742-0700 or write: Attn: Playa Flamenco, P.O.Box 217, Culebra, Puerto Rico 00775 USA.